Associate Members may include those individuals in various ministerial roles relevant to young Catholics who wish to be engaged in the work of carrying out the mission, vision and values of the NFCYM.
Privileges and Responsibilities
- There shall be one (1) vote per region on any matter before the membership for which an associate member may vote, with criteria for voting identified by the region.
- For the purposes of selecting from time to time the one (1) representative of the associate membership category to serve on the board, each region may identify one (1) designated associate member representative ("representative") who shall meet with the other thirteen (13) representatives to discern the board member.
- By virtue of their membership, each associate member shall have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- To participate on, and serve as members of and leaders for the project teams, ministry networks and other activities.
- To participate in the annual membership meeting and to address the membership while in general session at the annual membership meeting on all matters before the membership.
- To receive Federation mailings and discounts.
Benefits of Membership
- Reduced rates at the adult conference
- Receive regular communications from the NFCYM including information on upcoming conferences and meetings and other pertinent information
- Professional training, resourcing and support
- Networking with peers and other youth-serving agencies
- Vehicle of communication with other national organizations (e.g., USCCB, NCCL, NALM)
- Receive current updates on national trends and concerns affecting youth
- Eligible to serve as members of and leaders for committees, project teams, ministry networks, and other bodies of the membership.
Expectations of Associate Members
- Members agree with and advocate for the mission, values, and vision of the NFCYM.
- Members are in compliance with their diocesan safe environment policies and have attended Safe Environment training.
- Members provide a signed Code of Ethics form.
- Members provide a referral from a current member.
- Members agree to promote professional youth ministry by supporting the Renewing the Vision document.
- Members agree to engage in the work of the Federation by attending membership meetings, participating in the work of the committees, staying informed of the work of the Federation by reading notes and papers, attending webinars and participating in the survey of members regularly.
- Members promote a “spirit of collaboration” between individuals, diocese and the national organization.
The Responsibilities of Associate Members in a Leadership Position
Associate Members who are in a leadership position must provide the following in addition to the adhering to the expectations listed above:
- A certificate noting compliance with diocesan safe environment policies and training.
- A conflict of interest form.
- A letter of recommendation or suitability from a ministry supervisor. Diocesan leadership will be informed of associate member acceptance.