Holy Fire Chicago 2018
October 26 or 27, 2018 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
UIC Pavilion, Chicago 525 S. Racine Ave
A Middle School Event Like No Other!
Why participate in Holy Fire?
Pope Francis challenges all of us to become missionary disciples who are not afraid to witness the faith. We believe that a joint witness of thousands of young people and their prayers will help them see themselves as witnesses of Christ and members of a young Church.
Who should attend?
All 6th to 9th grade students from parish religious education programs and Catholic schools, together with their teachers, catechists, youth ministers, parents, chaperones, and pastors from throughout the Midwest region are invited.
When is it?
Friday, October 26 OR Saturday, October 27, 9:00 am - 2:30 pm. Doors open at 8:30 am daily.
Where does it take place?
UIC Pavilion, Chicago, 525 S. Racine Avenue
Costs: Tickets on sale now!
$33 – until August 15
$35 – August 16 until October 1
$40 – October 2 until October 22
$45 – After October 23
Questions about ticket sales? Contact us
Overview of the Day
Schedule of Events for Both Friday and Saturday
8:30 am Doors Open
9:00 am Warm Up Events
9:30 am Opening Concert with Josh Blakesley Band
10:00 am Welcome with Noelle Garcia
10:20 am Keynote: Paul J. Kim
11:00 am Noelle Garcia and Josh Blakesley Band
11:30 am Lunch (Bring Your Own) - Music/DJ, Concessions, and Reconciliation Stations
12:10 pm Josh Blakesley and the Holy Fire House Band
12:25 pm Keynote: Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers
12:50 pm Renewal of Baptismal Vows, Eucharistic Procession, and Exposition
1:30 pm Celebration of the Eucharist with Cardinal Cupich
2:30 pm Holy Fire Concludes
Leader Resources for Forming and Preparing Young People for Holy Fire
Use the resources below to help form and prepare the young people for the Holy Fire event and the faith messages and experiences they will be participating in throughout the day.
What to Expect - a handout written for young people to help prepare them for Holy Fire.
Pre and Post-Event Formation Sessions - faith formation sessions to help further form and catechize young teens on the faith themes that will be touched upon during the event. Excellent for use in Catholic school and parish faith formation and youth ministry settings.
- Pre Event Session 1 - Divine Mission - special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
- Session 2- Baptism: A New World - special thanks to Saint Mary's Press for providing this resource from Catechetical Session on Liturgy and the Sacraments
- Post Event Session - Transformation - special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
On the Bus Questions - a series of questions for leaders to use with young people both during the trip to the event and for processing the event on the ride back.
Preparing Group Leaders for Holy Fire
Event information is posted here for all Group Leaders. Please note that all attending must bring their own lunch and each group is responsible for obtaining their own permission slips in accordance with their diocesan, parish and/or school policies and procedures. Permission slips WILL NOT be collected by event organizers, they are to be retained by each group leader.
- Group Leader Guide (including Bus Parking/Drop Off Information) - Leaders Must Read Prior to Attending
- UIC Parking Map
- Youth Code of Conduct - Please Note: NFCYM will NOT be collecting any individual names, permission/medical slips, codes of conduct or safe environment forms from group leaders. The oversight of these forms will be the sole responsibility of each group leader/organizing agent.
- Adult Code of Conduct
- YouTube Link to Promotional Video (60 seconds)
- Promotional Flyer Downloads
Limited Discounted Hotel Rooms Near UIC Pavilion Now Available
- Location: Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown - 506 West Harrison
- Rate: $159 rate plus tax. Discounted parking rate of $35 per night also available.
- Reservations: Call 855-268-1763 and ask for the Holy Fire 2018 room block
- Questions: Contact Lainie Habel-Grabowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) / 312-583-4492
For More Information
National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry