A Middle School Event Like No Other!
One Day Events Held On:
Friday, October 20
Saturday, October 21
9 am to 3:30 pm
10 am to 4:30 pm
Pope Francis challenges all of us to become missionary disciples who are not afraid to witness the faith. We believe that a joint witness of thousands of young people and their prayers will indeed help young people to see themselves as witnesses of Christ and members of a young Church.
All 6th to 9th grade students from parish religious education programs and Catholic schools, together with their teachers, catechists, youth ministers, parents, chaperones, and pastors are invited. An unforgettable field trip for Catholic middle schools and parish based programs and groups.
Overview of the Day
Friday / Saturday
Doors Open/ Musical Performances/DJ
Opening Concert Featuring Joe Melendrez
Welcome with Steve Angrisano and the Holy Fire House Band
Keynote: Sr. Josephine Garrett, CSFN
Video Stories, Music, Prayer, and Youth Witness
Lunch (Bring Your Own) - Music/DJ, Concessions, and Reconciliation Stations
Steve Angrisano and the Holy Fire House Band
Keynote: Noelle Garcia
Young Disciples Challenge: Forged in Prayer - Renewal of Baptismal Vows, Eucharistic Procession and Exposition, Reconciliation, Prayer Stations
Celebration of the Eucharist with Cardinal Cupich
Message of Sending Forth/Closing Concert and Holy Finale (Saturday Only)
Holy Fire Concludes
8:15 / 9:15AM
9:00 / 10:00AM
10:00 / 10:30 AM
10:30 / 11:00 AM
10:50 / 11:20 AM
11:30 / 11:45 AM
12:15 / 12:30 PM
12:30 / 12:45 PM
1:00 / 1:15 PM
2:15 / 2:15 PM
3:30 / 4:30 PM
Event information is posted here for all Group Leaders. Please note that all attending must bring their own lunch and each group is responsible for obtaining their own permission slips in accordance with their diocesan, parish and/or school policies and procedures.
- Diocesan Invitation Template for Parishes/Schools
- YouTube Link to Promotional Video (60 seconds)
- Promotional Flyer Downloads (with Main Stage Images)
- Poster in JPG format
- Poster in PDF format
- UIC Event Map
- UIC Parking Map
- Youth Code of Conduct - Please Note: NFCYM will NOT be collecting any individual names, permission/medical slips, codes of conduct or safe environment forms from group leaders. The oversight of these forms will be the sole responsibility of each group leader/organizing agent.
- Adult Code of Conduct
- Bus Parking/Drop Off Information
Tickets Now on Sale!
Note: No individual registrations/permissions are needed to purchase tickets. Only a ticket is needed for an attendee to enter the facility for this event. Adult leaders/parents are asked to follow the safe environment requirements outlined by their respective parish/diocese.
- July 1- October 2 = $35.00
- October 3-15 = $40.00
- October 16-21 = $45.00
Note: Tickets ordered by October 2 will be sent regular mail. After October 3, tickets will be available at the onsite WILL CALL at UIC Pavilion on October 19, 20 or 21.
Limited concession service onsite - participants MUST bring their own lunches.
Holy Fire T-Shirts
To advance order t-shirts, please e-mail Robert Feduccia (email@example.com) with sizes and quantities.
- $10 Advanced Holy Fire T-Shirts available until Friday, September 15th 2017 - Bulk shipped 25 or more for free by ground,
- $15 Holy fire T-shirts after September 16th - October 21st = 15.00 plus shipping. (last day to ship October 10th - pick up onsite day of Event Free. As supplies last.
For groups wishing to stay overnight near the event venue, Holiday Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown has a block of rooms available for the special rate of $159/tax per night on a first come-first served basis. To reserve, call 855-268-1763 and mention group block code: HF7.
For more information, contact: Lainie Habel - Grabowski, Sales Manager, Holiday Inn & Suites
506 West Harrison Street, Chicago IL 60607, 312-583-4492, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leader Resources for Forming and Preparing Young People
Use the resources below to help form and prepare the young people for the Holy Fire event and the faith messages and experiences they will be participating in throughout the day.
What to Expect - a handout written for young people to help prepare them for Holy Fire.
Pre and Post-Event Formation Sessions - faith formation sessions to help further form and catechize young teens on the faith themes that will be touched upon during the event. Excellent for use in Catholic school and parish faith formation and youth ministry settings.
- Pre Event Session 1 - Divine Mission - special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
- Session 2- Baptism: A New World - special thanks to Saint Mary's Press for providing this resource from Catechetical Session on Liturgy and the Sacraments
- Post Event Session - Transformation - special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
On the Bus Questions - a series of questions for leaders to use with young people both during the trip to the event and for processing the event on the ride back.
For More Information Contact:
National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 202-674-4209