A Middle School Event Like No Other!
The Diocese of Nashville Catholic Pastoral Center
Sagrado Corazon De Jesus
2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214
Friday, November 30
Saturday, December 1, 2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pope Francis challenges all of us to become missionary disciples who are not afraid to witness the faith. We believe that a joint witness of thousands of young people and their prayers will indeed help young people to see themselves as witnesses of Christ and members of a young Church.
All 6th to 8th grade students from parish religious education programs and Catholic schools, together with their teachers, catechists, youth ministers, parents, chaperones, and pastors are invited. An unforgettable field trip for Catholic middle schools and parish based programs and groups from throughout the southeast region.
Costs - Includes drink and snack (bring own lunch or purchase a chick-fil-A sandwich onsite for $4)
$30 – May 1 until August 1
$35 – August 2 until November 1
$40 – November 2 until event day
Ticket Sales Will Begin in May, 2018
Overview of the Day
Doors Open/ Musical Performances/DJ
Opening Concert Featuring
Welcome with the Holy Fire House Band
Video Stories, Music, Prayer
Lunch featuring Music/DJ, Concessions, and Reconciliation Stations
the Holy Fire House Band
Young Disciples Challenge
Renewal of Baptismal Vows, Eucharistic Procession and Exposition
Celebration of the Eucharist
Holy Fire Concludes
Leader Resources for Forming and Preparing Young People
Use the resources below to help form and prepare the young people for the Holy Fire event and the faith messages and experiences they will be participating in throughout the day.
What to Expect - a handout written for young people to help prepare them for Holy Fire.
Pre and Post-Event Formation Sessions - faith formation sessions to help further form and catechize young teens on the faith themes that will be touched upon during the event. Excellent for use in Catholic school and parish faith formation and youth ministry settings.
- Pre Event Session 1 - Divine Mission - special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
- Session 2- Baptism: A New World - special thanks to Saint Mary's Press for providing this resource from Catechetical Session on Liturgy and the Sacraments
- Post Event Session - Transformation - special thanks to Life Teen for their leadership in developing and providing this resource from their Edge series for young adolescents.
On the Bus Questions - a series of questions for leaders to use with young people both during the trip to the event and for processing the event on the ride back.
Group Leader Promotion and Preparation Information
Event information is posted here for all Group Leaders. Please note that all attending must bring their own lunch and each group is responsible for obtaining their own permission slips in accordance with their diocesan, parish and/or school policies and procedures. Permission slips WILL NOT be collected by event organizers, they are to be retained by each group leader.
- Group Leader Guide - Leaders Must Read Prior to Attending (coming this summer)
- Youth Code of Conduct - Please Note: NFCYM will NOT be collecting any individual names, permission/medical slips, codes of conduct or safe environment forms from group leaders. The oversight of these forms will be the sole responsibility of each group leader/organizing agent.
For More Information Contact:
National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 202-674-4209