Responding to Tragedies in Dallas, Baton Rouge, St. Paul, and Nice
- The NFCYM is able to draw on a wide variety of member dioceses and collaborating member organizations. Through their efforts and generosity we can curate resources applicable to painful and challenging times. We have added additional links and resources to our existing pages on
- Read the statement from Bishop Farrell, Diocese of Dallas
- See the statement from Bishop Robert Muench, Diocese of Baton Rouge
- Read the statement from Archbishop Gregory Aymond, Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Read the statement from Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, President, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
NFCYM Announces New Executive Director
The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) is pleased to announce Christina Lamas as its new executive director. Lamas brings more than twenty years of youth ministry experience to the NFCYM, most recently as the associate director for the Office of Religious Education and division coordinator of Youth Ministry for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Lamas will begin her new position at the NFCYM’s Washington, D.C. office on August 22, 2016. View/download the full press release ( 124 KB).
NFCYM Adopts New Mission, Vision, Values Statements
At the 2016 Annual Membership Meeting in Chicago, The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry approved and adopted new mission, vision, and values statements. These statements are now published in full on this website.
July is UV Safety Awareness Month
Maybe you’re taking young people on a beach trip or maybe you’re (finally!) taking vacation yourself. Take care of your body’s largest organ—your skin—and check out these resources and organizations of interest:
- UV Safety Page, Federal Occupational Health
- American Cancer Society's Sun Safety Pages
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Sun Exposure Page (with numerous links to other resources and organizations)
News from NFCYM and Beyond
Recent news and/or updates to the website include:
- Resources for National Youth Violence Prevention Week on the “Christian Response to Violence” page
- New Catechetical Session plan on the Spiritual Works of Mercy added to the “Year of Mercy” page
- Dr. Robert McCarty completed his nineteen-year tenure at NFCYM on March 4. Read Bob’s farewell note and see the federation and staff “thank yous.”
For more information, see the full News page.
Lay Ecclesial Ministry
The mission of the church cannot be completed without the faithful work of its lay ministers. Is Christ calling you to lead his church in this capacity? Check out the certification process on the Alliance for the Certification of Lay Ministers website (lemcertification.org) and these resources:
What's NFCYM's Most Popular Training In-Service?
Resources for Supporting Pope Francis' Encyclical, Laudato Si
A collection of resources can be found in our “Catechesis for Current Events.”
Also, be sure to check out NFCYM’s website, “Care for Creation, Care for the Poor” at climate.nfcym.org.
Links will open the conference website