Executive Director of Evangelization (Archdiocese of Baltimore)
The Archbishop of Baltimore seeks a dynamic, energetic and outgoing professional to fill the role of executive director of evangelization. The executive director of evangelization assists the archbishop in implementing the vision to ensure that parish-based evangelization is a priority and a reality in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. The director will oversee the Department of Evangelization, which incorporates a servant-leadership model to serve as a resource and support to the ministry of the New Evangelization in parishes and schools. The executive director is a close collaborator with the archbishop and auxiliary bishops in assisting them to carry out the prophetic function of their pastoral office. Minimum of five years' experience in a diocesan leadership role as well as a master's degree in theology, pastoral ministry, religious studies, or related field are required. For more information or to apply, please visit us online. Apply by March 15.
Associate Director for Youth and Young Adult Ministries (Diocese of Baton Rouge)
The Associate Director for Youth and Young Adult Ministries:
- reports to the director of the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis of the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge;
- seeks to foster within all young people and those who minister to them a deeper, life-giving relationship with Jesus and the church;
- works with the director to provide the vision and leadership necessary to serve parish youth and young adult ministry efforts in a culturally diverse church, according to the goals and objectives outlined in the United States Catholic Bishops' documents Renewing the Vision and Sons and Daughters of the Light, thus seeking to reflect the New Evangelization; and, is
- directly responsible for the direction of all youth and young adult activity.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree in theology, pastoral ministry, religious education or a related field required.•
- Minimum of two years' direct experience at the parish or diocesan level working with youth ministry programs, adolescents, young adults, and adults who minister to youth.
- National certification in youth ministry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Renewing the Vision and pertinent documents and their application in ministry with young people in the United States is required.
- Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic who is registered and active in a parish and possesses a working knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine. Please submit letter of interest, résumé, and references by March 15, 2014.
Director of Evangelization and Parish Life (Archdiocese of Miami)
The Archdiocese of Miami is conducting a search for a highly qualified individual to serve as director of evangelization and parish life and take the lead on this initiative. The director will work to synthesize the elements of the Pastoral Plan, Disciples of Faith, Missionaries of Hope, in building a solid office to provide support and serve as a resource primarily to the parishes in embracing the missionary call of Christ to "Go and make disciples of all nations" through creating a welcoming and vibrant experience of parish life. The director will also design, develop, and implement plans and projects to enhance the implementation of the New Evangelization among the faithful with an objective to helping them advance in authentic discipleship and fulfill their baptismal call and mission to grow to the full maturity of Christ.
Primary responsibilities: Lead the implementation of the "Why Catholic?" program in participating parishes; develop and support other models of adult faith formation at the parish and archdiocesan level, providing resources to pastors and support to parish staff; develop models for establishing a Parish Pastoral Council and assist the Development and Worship Offices in their efforts to develop Stewardship Councils and Liturgical Committees in each parish; develop and provide additional resources to pastors and parish leadership to support evangelization efforts. See qualifications and application directions.
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry (Archdiocese of Miami)
The Archdiocese of Miami is conducting a search for a highly qualified individual to serve as director of youth and young adult ministry and take the lead on this initiative. The irector will work to synthesize the elements of the pastoral plan in building a solid office to provide direction and serve as a resource to the parishes and schools of the archdiocese in the formation of our youth and young adults in their Catholic faith. Primary responsibilities: design, develop, and implement a training and certification program of leaders in the foundations of effective youth ministry, and provide leadership to assist the pastors in the training of large groups of young adults to serve as missionaries in their parishes. This position will supervise a Coordinator and a part-time administrative assistant. The best candidate is a strong Catholic, passionate about bringing young people to Jesus Christ and forming them as disciples, with the ability to establish a structure to support the strategic plan and build the relationships to maintain it. See qualifications and application directions.