Strong Catholic Families: Strong Catholic Youth
Partnering with Parents to Bring Home the Faith
Presented in Partnership by NFCYM, NCCL, NACFLM, and NCEA
What Is Strong Catholic Families: Strong Catholic Youth?
A three-part training process hosted by dioceses for changing the way parishes/schools partner with parents. Developed by NFCYM and presented in partnership with the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership (NCCL), the National Association of Catholic Family Life Ministers (NACFLM) and the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA).
The Strong Catholic Families: Strong Catholic Youth in-services and resources are designed to
(a) motivate parents to take responsibility for the faith development of their children, and
(b) motivate parishes/schools to support and equip parents and families in passing the faith to their children.
A typical diocesan sponsored training includes the following
Session 1: A two-hour parent session which modela for parish/school leaders how to engage and partner with parents in the lifelong process of faith formation.
Session 2: A morning (three-hour) training in-service for any interested diocesan/parish/school leaders outlining the what and why of partnering with parents to bring home the faith.
Session 3: An afternoon (three-hour) Orientation for Presenters to prepare local presenters and the diocesan team to work with parish/school staffs in using the Strong Catholic Family process and materials in local parishes/schools within the diocese.
NOTE: a one-day Saturday model is also available with Parent Session 9:00-11:00 am, Parish/School Leader Session from 11:00-2:00 pm (including lunch), and concluding with a Training of Presenters Session from 2:00-5:00 pm).
- A One-Time Fee: The complete parent and leader session PowerPoints, numerous family faith resources, and all resource materials are included in the one-time training fee along with full copyright permission that is extended to all parishes and schools within the diocese.
- The Strength and Support of a Network: The initiative has already been hosted by more than fifty dioceses throughout the U.S. and Canada, creating an active network of users who continue to grow and share effective practices and revisions to the resources.
- Ongoing Support and Resourcing: National support is offered at no extra cost to host teams through conference calls, evaluations, implementation and follow-up recommendations along with a commitment to regulalry update resources.
- An Excellent Tool to Grow the Domestic Church - Strong Catholic Families is an ideal process to help families embrace their unique call to respond to the New Evangelization as each family is partnered with to grow in faith as a domestic church.
- A Dynamic Way to Engage Parents - An excellent process to incorporate into existing parish sacramental preparation programs, faith formation events, school PTA/PTO gatherings, and adult formation gatherings.
Learn More About Strong Catholic Families
- View a four minute promotional video on Strong Catholic Families
- View a webinar recording for leaders reviewing the Strong Catholic Family process (50 minutes)
- Download the Information Flyer (532 KB)
- Download the Diocesan Coordinator's Program Manual (1.79 MB)
- Read about a Strong Catholic Family parish event (Diocese of Baton Rouge)
- Review the Effective Practices Digest highlighting entries sent in from throughout the Strong Catholic Families network of participating dioceses.
Resource Books and Prayer Cards
Order the family faith resource booklets or prayer cards (English or Spanish versions) from our online store.
Building Strong Hispanic Families
Fortaleciendo Familias en la Fe (Strengthening Families in the Faith)
A transliterated version of the Strong Catholic Families process developed to meet the unique family and cultural needs of Hispanic parents and the parishes that minister to them. It follows the same three session outline as the English version, culminating in a training of local leaders to enable them to present parent sessions in parishes. Includes all the resources and copyright permissions required for local use.
Learn More About Fortaleciendo Familias en la Fe...
- Watch a four minute promotional video on Fortaleciendo Familias en la Fe
- View the Information Flyer (Volante informativo de FFF) PDF
- View the Diocesan Coordinator's Manual (Guia del coordinador diocesano) PDF
- Watch a 30 minute recorded webinar highlighting the Fortaleciendo Familias process