Retreat for the Busy Students: On-Campus Directed Prayer Retreats (Young Adults)
When your local college campus ministry has their annual busy person’s retreat you could get involved. The busy person's retreat is an opportunity to be in touch with young adults. It opens the door should any of the participants express an interest in a vocation.
Format for Busy Person’s Retreat
- Assignment of spiritual directors (done with the cooperation of the campus ministers. 4-5 retreatants per director).
- An introduction to praying with Scripture.
- Initial meeting for director and retreatants.
- Meeting of spiritual director and retreatant at mutually agreed upon time.
- Thirty minutes of private prayer, reflecting on the assigned Scripture.
- Nightly shared prayer for all retreatants and directors (optional).
Closing celebration with a liturgy and a meal for the retreatants and directors to share the retreat experience.